Monday, January 9, 2012

Ban fighting? Ban the word Ban first.

The debate continues about "banning" fighting in the NHL.  New words are needed here.  There is only one way to "ban" fighting in the NHL.  If you fight you never play another game in the league.  That will never happen.

The only thing that can change is stiffer penalties.  If you fight you are gone for the rest of the game or gone for the rest of the game and suspended or whatever.  There will always be fighting in hockey to some degree.

If you look at the leagues which don't allow fighting you may notice there are still fights.  Baseball, Football, Basketball, NASCAR.  They all have fighting "bans" but yet there are still fights.

Lets at least start using the correct verbiage in this debate and ban the use of the word ban when talking about fighting in the NHL. 

See you at the rink.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dean,
A few years ago you and Gord Wilson were so kind to have my father and I up to the box before a Montreal Canadians game. He still talked about it this past Christmas.

I am back in the Ottawa area and stumbled across your blog.

I was not able to follow you due that a few features on your blog are not turned on.

I am in marketing and believe that I can help you with updating your blog so that it is more contemporary, giving you a wider audience.

I can be reached at 613-466-0416 or by email @ donald@floodlight.ca.

I’d like to return the favour by assisting you with your web presence.

Don

www.floodlight.ca